Welcome to Where the Dogwood Blooms! I’ve been blogging for a long time, and I have to be honest: the first post is my least favorite to write. Since the rise of “welcome” posts, every new blog has the same debut. There’s the sales pitch-styled introduction followed by a blog overview. Then a desperate plea for comments and follows before the sign-off. In the end, that first post always feels like a hot mess.
So here’s the deal: we’re going to skip the awkward part. I don’t want to post some shined-up description of myself (or this blog) – and you don’t want to walk away feeling like I sold you ketchup popsicles. Instead of telling you that my name is Cassie, and I’m an experienced blogger (blah blah), I’m just going to jump right in with 8 things you need to know about me.
8 Things You Need To Know About Me
- I’m a coastal hillbilly (the result of a childhood spent shuffling between Wilmington and Canton) who lives in the Carolina Sandhills.
- My family has been in the Old North State since long before the American Revolution. So my profound love for my Tar Heel heritage is an inherited trait.
- Believe it or not, there’s a lot more to North Carolina’s food than the vinegar versus tomato-based debate! And when it comes to local cuisine, I’m a total foodie.
- Like most other Carolina girls, my home is full of antiques, and my garden is full of tomatoes.
- I have a Southern drawl and use my fair share of colorful expressions.
- Spending my early years just outside the Pisgah National Forest gave me a healthy appreciation for the great outdoors.
- I’m a huge fan of local artists and artisans of every kind.
- Even with traveling back and forth across the state for most of my life, there’s still much of North Carolina I haven’t seen. I plan to rectify this in the coming years.
Now that you know a little about me, hopefully, you’ll feel inclined to continue to stop by Where the Dogwood Blooms as I celebrate life in North Carolina.